“Remember when you’re in a position to help someone, be glad, and do it. That’s God answering someone else’s prayer through you.” – Toby Mac #speaklife
I saw this quote the other day and it just spoke to me and continues to speak to me. Last year, when the money we raised went to repairing or replacing 4 or 5 furnaces in the area, it really hit. The pride that NeighborLink Fort Wayne was able to do something truly impactful with our money was immense but it paled in comparison to the happiness I had for those individuals and families who now had a warm home and probably hoped and prayed for a way to fix their furnaces but didn’t know what to do. It was just an incredible feeling.
So it’s with that in mind that I’m happy to expand upon our post over the weekend that detailed a bit, our goals for 2021. It sketched out some concepts but was light on details.
Here’s some details:
We are aiming audaciously, daringly, and boldly for 2021 with the hope that it is a far happier, healthier, and safe year where the epic adventures, that we use to drum up interest and support for our annual campaigns, can be run.
What race are we running?
- We will be running Ragnar Trail Michigan in Grayling Michigan at Hanson Hills State Recreational area. It’s 120+ miles of forested and hilly running madness. It might be 75-80(ish) miles less but this may very well be our toughest race yet.
Who are we running to benefit?
- We are running to benefit NeighborLink Fort Wayne once again. They have been everything we ever could have hoped for.. They’ve been an incredible partner in this by allowing us to be true to ourselves and between a great first year, 2019, and this disappointing year, 2020, we’ve raised about $10,500 for them to date.
- It’s the same group that committed to 2020: Jenn, Cherri, Melissa, Kylie, Andrew, Michael, Chris, and myself (Gabe).
What is our fundraising goal?
- We said we wanted to go big. We mean it. We want to raise $10,000 to benefit NeighborLink Fort Wayne.
- It is our belief that we can raise $6000 in private funds.
- Our expenses for 2021 will be minimal since some has been covered already so our plan is to, through local business sponsorship, raise enough to cover our expenses and then at least $3500 that will go directly to the NLFW through the fundraiser.
- Additionally, we’d like to sell, at minimum, 50 of our Runners Doing Good wristbands that will help generate some revenue for our campaign.
- Add it all up, that’s $10,000
So when does this all start???
- Beginning October 1st, we will begin pursuing and accepting sponsors for our 2021 campaign.
- If you’re a business owner or run one, let us know and we’ll get you details.
- Beginning March 1st, we will open up our fundraiser for private donations
- Wristband purchases can be made NOW. Click below to buy one.
Any questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org